Collection of your personal data
When you visit our websites, use our solutions, or interact with us, we may collect information, including personal information. “Personal data” is any data that can be used to identify a person. Examples include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card numbers. If we combine other data with personal data, we treat that combined data as personal data. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal data for a variety of purposes, e.g. e.g.:
- To process your order, including payment transactions
- To provide you with a newsletter subscription
- To send marketing materials
- To set up an account
- To enable the use of certain functions of our solutions
- To personalize the information shown to you
- For providing customer service
- For managing job applications
- To collect data during the test admissions process when a computer-based certification test is administered to you
We, and the third parties we engage, may combine the information we collect about you over time on our websites and through our solutions with information from other sources. This allows us to improve their overall accuracy and completeness and to better tailor our interactions with you.
We use Sendinblue as our marketing platform. By completing and submitting the form, you acknowledge that the information you have provided will be transferred to Sendinblue for processing in accordance with the Sendinblue Terms of Service .
If you use MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. provide a third party’s personally identifiable information (such as name, email address, and phone number), you represent that you have permission from that third party to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing materials to friends or finding a job. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communications by clicking on the link in the original message or by contacting support (at) matrixchange.eu.
In some situations, MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. and our third party service providers may automatically collect information using cookies, weblogs, web beacons or similar applications. This data is used to better understand and improve the functionality, performance and effectiveness of the website and to better tailor content or offers to you.
Use of your personal data
We may use your personal information to conduct our business, to provide, improve and customize our websites and solutions, to send you marketing materials and other business communications, and for other purposes permitted by applicable law. We may use your personal information in the following ways, among others:
- To deliver a solution you have requested
- To analyze, support and improve our solutions and your online experience
- To personalize websites, newsletters and other means of communication
- To administer and process your certification exams
- To send information to you, for example for marketing purposes or customer satisfaction surveys, either directly from MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. or from our partners.
You can change your communication preferences at any time. See “Your Choices and Setting Your Communication Preferences” below.
Accessing Your Personal Information and Its Accuracy
We need your help to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. We offer you several ways to access, correct, suppress or delete your personal data:
- You can view and edit your personal data and preferences online in your customer area at https://matrixchange.eu/ .
- Some MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. Entities may act as, or be considered as, “data controllers”. If MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. entities acting as data controllers, you can exercise your access rights and requests for correction, suppression or deactivation under applicable data protection laws directly to this MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. Assert entity as described in the specific Solution documentation.
- If you require further assistance or assistance in accessing, correcting, suppressing or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We will make a good faith effort to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct yours. Applications will be answered within 30 days. If we do not accept your request, we will inform you of our reasons.
Your choices and setting your communication preferences
If you wish, we can send you a lot of information about our solutions. You can manage your communication preferences in one of the following ways:
- Follow the instructions in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that specific mailing list.
- Send us an email to: support (at) matrixchange.eu or write to us by post at: MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü, Harju maakond, Tallinn, Kesklinna linnaosa, Maakri tn 21, 10145. Be sure to include the letter Include your name, email address and specific information about the materials you no longer wish to receive.
- In the case of Short Message Services (“SMS Services”): Reply to the SMS you received with “STOP”, “EXIT” or “EXIT”.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or required communications, which are considered part of certain solutions. You may receive these periodically until you terminate your use of the Solution in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to you. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with Matrixchain OÜ business partners or suppliers so that they can provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you.
If you use our websites and solutions, or otherwise provide us with personally identifiable information, you agree that we may contact you electronically about security, privacy and administrative issues related to your use. For example, if we learn of a breach in our security systems, we may attempt to notify you electronically, by posting a notice on our websites, by email or by other means.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purpose of conducting our business, providing, improving and customizing our solutions, sending marketing materials and other business communications, and other purposes permitted by applicable law, in the following ways and means:
- Within MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. and to any of our globally distributed subsidiaries for the purpose of data processing or storage.
- With business partners or suppliers of MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü., so that they can send you information about products and services. With business partners, service providers, authorized third party agents or contractors to enable them to provide, perform or perform any requested solution, service or transaction.
- Examples of this may include, but are not limited to: processing orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registrations, assisting with sales-related tasks or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in connection with negotiations conducted for the purpose.
- Upon a request for information by a competent authority when we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or other relevant third parties, pursuant to legal process or to meet national security requirements.
- In an aggregated and/or anonymised form which cannot be used to identify you without undue effort.
- When we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of your personal data
retention of personal data
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We retain and use your personal information as necessary to meet our business needs and legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our resources, and enforce our contracts.
Like many websites, MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. This can be information about the browser type, for example, or the address of the website that you used to access our website. The following information can also be recorded:
- Your IP address (Internet Protocol address): This address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or device when you connect to the Internet. It is unique and assigned to you by your internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address enables web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream Behaviour: This includes, for example, which pages you view and which links you click on. These tools make your visits to our website easier, more efficient and more rewarding by providing you with personalized information and recognizing you when you come back
Learn how to update your choices regarding these tools.
Some web browsers have the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that they do not want your online activities to be tracked. This is not the same as blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature may still accept cookies.
To opt out of interest-based advertising:
Users in the European Union
Users in other countries of the world
Note: Generic, non-personalized ads will continue to appear.
forums and chat rooms
If you participate in any website discussion forums, local community, or chat rooms, you must be aware that the information you provide there (ie, your public profile) will be made widely available to others and may be used to contact you or you to send unsolicited messages.
They can also be used for purposes that neither MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. nor do you have any influence. Also note that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and terms. MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. assumes no responsibility for any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to these forums.
Write to us at support (at) matrixchange.eu if you wish to request removal of your personal data from our blog or community forum. There may be times when we are unable to remove personal information. If this is the case, we will inform you accordingly and explain our reasons.
MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children without parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we have collected personal information without adequate consent from an individual who is not yet of legal capacity under the laws of your country, please let us know using the methods set out in the “Contact Us” section. We will then promptly take appropriate action to investigate and resolve the issue.
Consent to the transfer, processing and storage of personal data
Since MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. is a global company, we may transfer your personal data to MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. in the USA, to one of the MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. Affiliates or to third parties and business partners described above located in different countries around the world. By using our websites and solutions, or providing any personal data, you consent to the transfer, processing or storage of that data to a destination outside your country of residence, to the extent permitted by applicable law, where different data protection standards may apply.
MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. protects and facilitates the global transfer of personal data in several ways:
- EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. participates in the frameworks and principles of the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield (Privacy Shield Principles) and has had its compliance certified. These frameworks and principles were developed by the US Department of Commerce and govern the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union (EU) and Switzerland. MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. is committed to complying with the applicable principles of the EU-US Privacy Shield framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield framework when handling all personal data received from EU member states and Switzerland.
MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. In certain situations, MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. may release personal information at the request of a government agency for reasons of national security or to comply with law enforcement requirements. With respect to received and transferred personal data covered by the Privacy Shield Framework, MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. the enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission.
- Binding internal company regulations of the EU controllers
The global data protection program and the global guidelines of MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. have been approved by the Dutch, Polish, Spanish and other relevant European data protection regulators as adequate protection of privacy, fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals when transferring personal information protected under European law.
The binding internal company regulations of MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. – The controller (BCR-C) enables worldwide transfers of European personal information from MATRIXCHAIN O.Ü. benefit from adequate protection.
How to reach us: